Problem With Alsa Mixer

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Mon Jul 18 13:18:02 UTC 2005

Michal Jaegermann wrote:

>On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 07:29:56AM -0400, Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
>

>>Each time I make the adjustments to the sound, the sound
>>settings do not hold upon reboot.
>>

>If you will run
>
>   /sbin/modprobe -c | grep alsa
>
>do you see in an output of the above both commands for storing (on a
>module removal) and restoring (on a module install) actions?  It seems
>to me that in some circumstances one of these can be "forgotten"
>although I do not have any concrete evidence.  If something is
>missing you would need to add that to /etc/modprobe.conf.  Maybe try
>to rerun system-config-soundcard?  If this does not help then edit
>/etc/modprobe.conf yourself.  The same if what you got looks wrong.
>
>If you have both and correct entries then I do not know.
>
>   Michal

Hello,

      I checked the /etc/modprobe.config file but I am not sure what
changes, if any, need to be made.  The problem still persists, though.
I can get sound only if I slide the bar on the icon all the way to the
"up" position.  How can I make my changes stick so I don't have to
readjust the sound everytime I reboot?

Jeff