Rawhide development

Michael Wiktowy mwiktowy at gmx.net
Mon Jul 18 19:44:40 UTC 2005

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Hi
>
> Reading through the desktop-devel-list in GNOME brings
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-July/msg00357.html.
> So whats the plan of action here?. Making it easier for end users to
> test rawhide?. Making it more dogfoodable?  Encourage them to file
> upstream bug reports more?.
>
> Questions..... questions....
>
> regards
> Rahul

If the Gnome bug-buddy tool wasn't broken every time that I have ran
into a problem that spawned it, there would likely be more feedback.
Having a bug that prevents the bug reporting tool from reporting a bug
is kind of a catch-22 situation and many are likely to just give up at
that point and not bother finding out where or how to submit the bug
instead of using the automatic tool.

In wokring around broken reporting tools, having to register a bugzilla
account with every single upstream project in order for them to get the
feedback directly is a bit awkward. Maybe upstream bugzillas could just
be CC:ed on downstream reported bugs automatically based on component
reported on and that upstream can CC: the downstream to give reporters
feedback. But that would require some sort of per-bug mailing list
feature in bugzilla and I have no idea if that is available or feasible.

/Mike