Optional Dependent RPMs

Steve Friedman steve at adsi-m4.com
Tue Jul 19 21:14:13 UTC 2005

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Christopher Aillon wrote:

> Robert Nichols wrote:
>> I find that with firefox-1.0.6-0.1 the Flashblock 1.2.9 extension no
>> longer recognizes the whitelisted web sites that should be allowed to
>> load Flash content.  The sites are still listed in the Options dialog,
>> but their Flash content is being blocked.
>
> I was able to reproduce this issue using Flashblock 1.2.9.  However, please
> note that 1.3.2 is the latest version of Flashblock, and works fine with the
> 1.0.6 RPMs as far as I can tell with my testing.  I would advise updating to
> Flashblock 1.3.2.
>
> Thanks for your feedback with the RPM!  It's very much appreciated.

This is a major gripe that I have with RPM.  There is no way for the
firefox RPM to specify that the Flashblock RPM needs to be upgraded IFF
flashblock is installed.  (The problem that we typically face is upgrading
the kernel and nvidia -- there is no automated way to have the system grab
a consistent set.  Of course, this is harder because the nvidia RPM
changes)

Steve Friedman