hal deamon

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 01:45:43 UTC 2005

On 7/19/05, James W. Bennett <silverhead at comcast.net> wrote:
> Can someone steer me to the directory that haldeamon uses to build
> /media device directory. I would like to change cdrecorder to dvd, but
> can't find directory where this script is.

a quick look at  rpm -ql hal   and i bet you can figure it out.
look down in  /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy
10-storage-policy.fdi  is the file that defines the defaults

BUT you do not want to edit that file... if you want to make local
changes you will most likely want to create a 90localadmin or similar
directory in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/  and then place an .fdi file
in that directory.  Hal should parse files in 90* after items in 10*.
 If you edit the provided defaults in 10osvendor those changes will
get reverted if you update hal. Add local policy in a new subdirectory
in the policy directory that gets parsed after the 10osvendor
directory.

-jef