Evolution is hideously unstable

Paul F. Johnon paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 08:35:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

It looks like Evolution has become almost unusable in terms of
stability. Since firing it up this morning, it's crashed and burned
silently 6 times.

It dies when I tried to add a couple of email addresses to my address
book, it died on restarting and recovering an email, it died part way
through a download and still dies if I try to change a server type for
receiving emails.

At no time does it give me a chance to enter the details into bugbuddy
or anything in a terminal window to give an idea of what caused the
death.

Is anyone else seeing this? I know... I'm using rawhide and stability is
not a right, it's a luxury...

TTFN

Paul

Dr Who