Cardbus/pcmcia no longer supports CF in rawhide (no pcmcia-cs?)

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Jul 29 19:39:20 UTC 2005

Paul Dickson (paul at permanentmail.com) said:
> > I just tested it with a CF adapter and  Sandisk 8MB CF card
> > here, and it worked OK.
>
> I have to other brands here besides my 16MB, 160MB, and 512MB Lexar cards:
>
> Simple Technology (192MB):  Does not work
> Socket 0:
>   product info: "STI", "Flash 5.0", "", ""
>   manfid: 0x0007, 0x0000
>   function: 4 (fixed disk)
>
> Canon CF card (8MB):  Works!
> Socket 0:
>   product info: "SunDisk", "SDP", "5/3 0.6", ""
>   manfid: 0x0045, 0x0401
>   function: 4 (fixed disk)

Heh, that's the same card I tested with.

Looking at the ide-cs driver, it has IDs for:

alias:          pcmcia:m0045c0401f*fn*pfn*pa*pb*pc*pd*

which would match the SanDisk card.

There don't seem to be entries for the other cards, which would
imply that it needed to bind to the generic entry for function '4'.
I guess that's a driver bug - can you file it against the kernel?

Bill