jscal -c not working? / trying iforce

René van Paassen M.M.vanPaassen at lr.tudelft.nl
Wed Jun 1 21:17:31 UTC 2005

I am playing around with a thrustmaster force-feedback joystick. For
now it is not recognized as a normal joystick. I tried to run

jscal -c /dev/input/js0

on it, jscal dies:

[repa at pascua evtest]$ jscal -c /dev/input/js0
Joystick has 29 axes and 10 buttons.
Correction for axis 0 is none (raw), precision is 0.
snip ................
Correction for axis 28 is broken line, precision is 255.
Coeficients are: 28672, 36862, 21844, 21844

Calibrating precision: wait and don't touch the joystick.
Bus error

dmesg gives:
jscal[23019] trap stack segment rip:400d2e rsp:7fffffaea360 error:0

Anyone else tried this?

I suspect the excessive number of axes has something to do with the
joystick.

I also added the stick's vendor+device id's to the iforce module and
re-compiled that. However input keeps grabbing the stick, iforce doesn't
get it, even after it has been manually loaded and I then plug in the
stick.

dmesg again:

usb 4-2: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
input: USB HID v1.00 Joystick [ThrustMaster HOTAS Force Feedback
Joystick] on usb-0000:00:10.2-2

Any clues on how to stop input from grabbing the device?

René

p.s. currently running 2.6.11-1.1363_FC4, x86_64