Fedora Core 4 delayed until June 13

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Jun 6 15:48:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 11:42 -0400, Horst von Brand wrote:
> "William Hooper" <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net> said:
>
> [...]
>
> > Again, the problem is the release name ("Heidelberg"), not the project
> > name.
>
> Come on again, that is the name of a very well-known town in Germany. How
> could that possibly give legal grief? Is there something else in the
> software arena called Heidelberg that could concievably be taken as a name
> collide?!
>
> /me shakes head over incomprehensive US legal stuff.

heidelberg is the name of fedora core 3
there was no legal problem with it at all.

stentz will be the name for fedora core 4.

the problem is that even if the name does not seem like it will cause
problems it still needs to be checked out.

The only hold up was that the name needed to be checked, not that the
name was bad in anyway.

everyone, quit overreacting.

-sv