fedora-test-list Digest, Vol 16, Issue 13

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Mon Jun 6 16:46:09 UTC 2005

Am Montag, den 06.06.2005, 11:22 -0500 schrieb Patrick Barnes:
> Peter Rochard wrote:
>
> > Would it be possible to have the acx100 wireless chip drivers included
> > in the stock Fedora kernel, even if the closed firmware doesn't come
> > with the distro CD?
> >
> It's most likely possible, but not something this project would likely
> do. When it is added upstream, Fedora will have it. If you really want
> it, you could look into creating your own package with the kernel module
> built with DKMS and submit it to Fedora Extras.

There is no agreement yet how kernel-module-packages should be
build/packaged in extras. And especially there is none that requires
dkms (there are people like me who even dislike the usage of dkms).

There needs to be a (probably longer) discussion first.

>  Depending on how the
> firmware is licensed, you might even be able to include it in your package.

Or submit it to livna. There is a standard scheme for kernel-module
packages in use already and there should be other wlan stuff soon. I'm
willing to help with packaging if someone could test the resulting
packages.