Looking for (compat-) libstdc++.so.5

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Jun 7 20:30:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 13:28 -0700, Andy Ross wrote:
> ...improper usage?  Is any search without a wildcard, even it if is
> an exact package name, improper?  Note that the yum man page doesn't
> even mention the existance of wildcards; this was the first I'd heard
> of the capability.  Is there another documentation source I should
> look to for proper yum usage?

You may have tickled something fun in how yum searches and the plus
symbols not being handled absolutely correctly.  I've ran into this on
this exact package, and since I'm used to these types of bugs, I tried a
wild card (and most importantly quotes), and it worked.

Seth, any input?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)