Problems With Installing LimeWire

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Wed Jun 15 03:22:55 UTC 2005

Hello,

      I have been trying to install LimeWire 4.8.1 on FC4 and had first
tried to install jre-1_5, only to receive an error stating that
java-1_4_2-gcj-compat is need first.  I tried to install this, only to
receive an error message that the same (java-1_4_2-gcj-compat) is
already installed.  I'm guessing that this is a problem with Java,
however, I had successfully installed jre-1_5 in FC4t3 but am now unable
to do so.  Is there a reason for this?  I tried to install J2re-1_4_2
and did so successfully.  However, when I click on LimeWire, I receive
an error message stating that it cannot connect to the internet.  How do
I resolve this and is anyone else coming up with the same problem?  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff