ext2online not extending lvm partion

Justin Conover justin.conover at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 04:06:37 UTC 2005

> ODD, I just extended /usr another 2 GB!
>
> Could there be a size limit problem happeneing?  I know before that I
> was doing this on /home and it was pretty large, 40-80GB and now my
> home on this install today strated at 40GB and I tried to increase it
> another 5GB.
>
> /usr was 8GB and I just extended it to 10GB

Just some more notes, /usr/local was 4GB and is now 10GB no problem.

# vgdisplay | grep Free
  I  Free  PE / Size       2349 / 73.41 GB

Tried to create a 40GB with ext3 /TESTLVM slice
# system-config-lvm
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
<< Another 80+lines >>>>
Disk /dev/md0 doesn't contain a valid partition table
<<< same stuff >>>>>>
 Incorrect metadata area header checksum
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
Disk /dev/md0 doesn't contain a valid partition table
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum
  Incorrect metadata area header checksum

ERROR displayed on screen: =

mkfs command failed. Command attempted: "/sbin/mkfs -t ext3
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol07" - System Error Message: mke2fs 1.37
(21-Mar-2005)
Could not stat /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol07 --- Permission denied

# /sbin/mke2fs -j /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol07
mke2fs 1.37 (21-Mar-2005)
Could not stat /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol07 --- Permission denied

# /sbin/mke2fs /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol07
mke2fs 1.37 (21-Mar-2005)
Could not stat /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol07 --- Permission denied

# id -Z
root:system_r:unconfined_t

]# id
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)
groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel)
context=root:system_r:unconfined_t

Well, i'm going to relabel and see if that does anything.