Nasty Bug (plus fix)

Bob Gill gillb4 at telusplanet.net
Sat Jun 18 01:11:43 UTC 2005

Sorry if this one has been beaten to death.  After installing FC4, the
kernel would tank (Oops early on the first boot after the last install
CD was out).  The problem is the swap line in /etc/fstab was seriously
mangled.  Initially it said:
LABEL=/tmp (then a bunch of garbage characters) swap swap defaults 0 0
Which looks like something is mangled with what should be
in /boot/grub/grub.conf.
After setting the swap file to where I set it running disk druid (in my
case the line looked like:
/dev/hda2               /tmp                    swap    defaults
0 0
Things worked fine.  It might already be in bugzilla, but I post partly
for those people who got hammered by this bug and are looking for a
quick fix (and haven't peeked at bugzilla or anywhere else).

Thanks,
Bob