FC5 Wishlist

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 20:41:34 UTC 2005

On 6/20/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at redhat.com> wrote:
> Not really comfortable about my mockup skills but taking a RFE tracker
> in bugzilla along with its bug components and presenting them into a
> page that looks more like the wiki page  would be more end user
> friendly.

Do you REALLY want ALL the open rfe's on a wiki page?  I link like the
query url i created already for this list would accomplish the basics
of giving a summary of all open rfes. I'm not sure its worth the
effort to pretty up the whole long list.  You can certaintly attempt
to build a tracker bug and make open rfes dependants to that bug. But
I think you want to take a few moments to think about what the tracker
is actually meant to track. Are these going to be rfes developers have
decided to implement in the next release cycle? Are this going to be
rfes developers would like to see implemented but can't make a high
enough priority to do themselves?  What's the potential payoff to
having each developer to use the new tracker bug? Personally I think
the best possible tracker bug in the rfe space would be to track rfe's
the developers/maintainers are interested in but are a lower personal
priority. Items people in the community could take a lead in, and that
the Core developers would be receptive to incorporating. Or in other
words a "Please work on this" list.

>Currently there might be a lack of coordination between what
> is represented in bugzilla and what is proposed in the wiki pages which
> I suspect is what Dan Hollis wants to communicate through

There certaintly is a coordination problem... but its marginally
better than watching ideas float by on long winding discussion thread
in the mailing list where the discussion wanders onto a tagential
topic without a subject change because people like myself can't seem
to be bothered to start a new thread.

-jef