Yet again: several missing update announcements

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 21:40:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 Bernd Bartmann <bernd.bartmann at gmail.com> carps about
missing announcements and threatens to file bugs.

On Mon, 2005-06-20, Daniel Veillard responds:
> Whether I must be whipped for being lazy,
> or the tool for pushing announcement need to be changed or missing announcement
> should not be considered bugs, there is a choice, the current situation
> does not seems pleasant to you, it's not really for me either.

This has been discussed previously in other threads. The current release
tools and procedures are less than ideal and there isn't much that can
be done about it unless you can clone some of the release engineers and
free them up to fix the tools. The manual nature of the process is going
to guarantee inconsistencies. Filing bugs for missing announcements
isn't going to help make things better. Maybe filing one bug against the
tools is more sensible.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>