Stop ignoring #152566 bug

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:02:46 UTC 2005

On 6/21/05, Cimmo <cimmo at libero.it> wrote:
> I've a _fresh_ install of Fedora Core 4, formatted every partition, so
> the problem is something else.

That's great... but from reading the bug report.. i don't see any
mention of that fresh install attempt.  I see repeated 'upgrades'.
>From the bug report its difficult to get an accurate picture of what
you have been doing with that system. Which do i believe? what you are
telling me now or what you have written in the bugreport? This is the
sort of confusion you should try to avoid, it helps everyone if you
are as accurate in your descriptions as possible.

> I've the same problem with a PCI VIA network card, so I think it isn't
> an hardware failure...

You have the same issue.. with a pci card on the exact same
motherboard that you are having a problem with?  Again you need to do
what you can to find other people that are using the same pci card AND
that motherboard and compare with their experiences. I personally am
not having any issues with network operations like the ones you have
described afaict.

One of my fresh fc4 system is using a via pci card  lspci reports.
00:12.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT6102 [Rhine-II] (rev 78)
using the kernel module via_rhine

the gnome network monitor seems to work just fine with that card.

Shall i go ahead and close that bug report as WORKSFORME?

-jef