Switching to Rawhide, trying pup, surprised no conflicts upgrading

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jun 25 14:38:36 UTC 2005

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 08:44 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>

>>I decided to switch back over to rawhide and see how it dealt with the
>>devlopment tree. Suprisingly, it installed all package upgrades without
>>any dep not being resolved. All packages installed without problem.
>

> Did firefox work OK with the updated firefox/cairo packages (regarding
> fonts I mean)?

When I launched Firefox for the first time, it imported mozilla
bookmarks. Compared to Mozilla, contrast seemed lesser. The text seemed
the same though.

Going to a webpage that is the same site for both browsers, firefox
displayed the background as green, mozilla showed it as blue. I believe
the background should be blue and not green. Epiphany displays the
colors the same as mozilla, as does konquerer.

Jim