process hangs on 13xx smp kernels

Jonathan Deitch pinball at litz.org
Wed Jun 1 01:59:20 UTC 2005

Ok, this is even stranger.

I installed a STOCK fc3 system.  Same issue.

STOCK fc2 system.  Same issue.

Something inherent to Fedora Core is just plain incompatible with this
motherboard.

It's not just a 2.6.11 or 2.6.9 kernel that's at fault.

Anyone have any ideas as to how, why, or what I can try to make this work?

If not, I'm going to be forced to leave Redhat entirely and go with
another distribution, something I really do not want to do - all my
system configurations are tailored for Fedora.