process hangs on 13xx smp kernels

Jonathan Deitch pinball at litz.org
Wed Jun 1 04:38:30 UTC 2005

Umm ...

That's not going to help my problem, unforunately,

In my case, it finishes booting and you have no keyboard, no mouse, and
no network.

So no way to log in, no way to get to a console, no way to do anything.

So ... any other ideas?

I have this problem on every single 2.6.9 and 2.6.11 smp kernel that's
been released, on both FC3 and FC4T3.  Nothing has helped - no kernel
parms, nothing.

I'm very very close to getting frustrated enough where I'm going to have
to dump fedora, if there's not some kind of a solution soon.

- litz