<4> post_create: setxatter failed

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 07:38:08 UTC 2005

> > [1] Supported is something of a misnomer here given Fedora by its nature
> > is unsupported, but for sake of argument think "We'll investigate this
> > bug if it gets filed in bugzilla.redhat.com"
>
> Actually the problem here is that these bugs appear to be regressions in
> the fedora _installer_ (which is why they were filed against anaconda).
> That is, they are not related to kernel bugs (you cannot even install
> reiserfs with selinux *disabled*). But they are summarily closed WONTFIX
> which I find troubling.

the same is true for reiser/xfs/etc bugs in the installer. Unless they
come with a patch, they're not getting attention by RH folks.

Does that make them second class citizens? Only partially. If nobody
else cares about them enough to make a patch either, then yes they end
up being second class citizens. Otoh if someone else stands up and
starts caring, they aren't.