Firefox -- Slow rendering

Charles Lesh cjlesh.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 01:40:13 UTC 2005

Hey all:

Runnig the latest rawhide here, and noticed a problem.

Goto:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/

Now click on any of the 'View by thread' links, try March for example:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2005-March/thread.html

For me, this page takes approximately 12 - 14 seconds (measured with a
handheld stopwatch) to render...during which firefox is completely
unresponsive. As a comparison, booting the same computer into Windows
XP and firefox takes the same page about 3 seconds.

This is not do to the page being cached. Also, I am on a cable modem,
and other network operations (large downloads) seem to happen at about
the same speed on both Windows and Fedora.

Any one else seeing this?

-cjl