~/.xscreensaver causes only blank screen, no other choices

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Jun 2 02:21:03 UTC 2005

I installed FC4T3 fresh on a laptop that I was working on and was stuck
with not being able to access an f the extra screensavers on an
"everything" install. I finally realized some talk about an
~/.xscreensaver file might be installed in ~ after trying other stuff
first. Is the .xscreensaver file intentionally put in the home directory.

Also, the docmentation choice on xscreensaver-demo crashes the program.

I have xscreensaver working after downloading the source. (upstream)
compiling and installing the other version. All bugs were the same with
the Fedora test binaries. Removing the file was the .xscreensaver file
was te solution.

Jim

--
My brother sent me a postcard the other day with this big sattelite
photo of the entire earth on it. On the back it said: "Wish you were here".