Firefox -- Slow rendering

Marcus Hartig m.f.h at web.de
Thu Jun 2 14:06:52 UTC 2005

Charles Lesh wrote:

 > For me, this page takes approximately 12 - 14 seconds (measured with a
 > handheld stopwatch) to render...during which firefox is completely
 > unresponsive. As a comparison, booting the same computer into Windows
 > XP and firefox takes the same page about 3 seconds.

It´s really long to render the RH list. Takes here only 2-3 sec.

Type "about:config" in the url bar and you see options to edit. Maybe
"network.http.pipelining" in your config gives more speed on some servers.

And with "about:buildconfig" you see the default compiler options.
Firefox is not really optimized for a fast system. You can recompile
firefox with -O2 and maybe sse/sse2 CPU flags. Then firefox speed is a lot
faster as the default "slower" firefox from the distributions... -Os
throttles om my amd64 system. :(

Marcus