Samba 3.0.14 - slow as a snail

Jonathan Deitch pinball at litz.org
Thu Jun 2 14:42:54 UTC 2005

This seems to be some sort of incompatibility between XP SP2's explorer
and Samba ... happens on any XP SP2 machine I use ...

*however*, if I use Total Commander and set it to "commpatibility mode"
for the shared volumes, the copy speed is normal ...same Samba share,
just not using the M$ file handlers ...

Anyone got an idea what might be causing this?

- JD