nvidia and openGL

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Fri Jun 3 07:40:30 UTC 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 02:12, Axel Thimm wrote:
> ATrpms sets up proper linking to the desired nvidia libs unless you
> have installed multiple versions of the nvidia drivers (which the
> ATrpms packages deliberately allow you to, there have been too many
> instances, where some groups of nvidia users would perfer driver A due
> to better 3d accel, while others prefered driver B due to better
> overscan and vsync control, the endless battle of gamers vs. PVR
> addicts ...)

As far as I can tell there's only one version of this package on my system. My
system is a clean FC4test3 install on which I performed a yum upgrade.

> For this case ATrpms' nvidia packages have a tool called
> nvidia-graphics-switch which allows you to switch from one driver to
> another (with a X restart step in between) called
>
> 	nvidia-graphics-switch

I did use this.

> Call it w/o arguments to see which drivers are installed (and to get a
> usage information) and then call it with the driver you want to
> activate as its only argument. You need to do so as root.

=> nvidia-graphics-switch
Usage: /usr/sbin/nvidia-graphics-switch <driver>
       where <driver> is one of 7174

So, the problem I had is that X was using libglx.a which was in
/usr/X11R6/lib64/modules/extensions/

Regards,
Marcel