Fedora Core 4 delayed until June 13

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jun 4 01:24:51 UTC 2005

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Phil Schaffner wrote:

>>>That's all right :)  Better to ensure most of the bugs are gone than
>>>release something buggy, right?  A later release date isn't a problem,
>>>FC3 was released a few weeks later than scheduled, wasn't it?
>>
>>Apparently nothing to do with bugs, just lawyers...
>

> and the significant difference there would be ... ?
>
> rday

Picking a name other than Fedora for the project would not change this
project. Since the project is still associated with Red Hat and the
project name did not get me interested, but the fact that this took off
from merging resources from Fedora for providing desired products that
were too risky for inclusion in RHL. I argued for the inclusion i RHL of
mp3 players but could live with a name change for the project.

Progressive Linux Project
Windoze Alternative Project
or any other name that just lets one know what website to go to is
better than feeding a pool of people so intrigued by the word fedora
that they feel that they have exclusive rights to the word. I never
heard of the referenced company before this warring over a word.

Jim

--
If you can't understand it, it is intuitively obvious.