Fedora Core 4 delayed until June 13

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jun 4 02:01:55 UTC 2005

amazing powers of observation wrote:
>  just cause itts called fedora does not a red hat make . sure fedora is
> a hat but it brings up images of indiana jones and that type of bleeding
> edge adventures   see where i am going with this ?

The Indiana Jones Project?

Seriously, having something of interest and extremely useful can
overcome a name change without suffering a flock of user loss. A
snappier name might catch a few people for using something with name
recognition, such as shoes, watches and other items enjoy. No one that I
talked with raised an eybrow or showed any other signs of interest with
the use of Fedora Core.

With that said, that other company should change its name and quit
blaming Red Hat for their lack of business.

This controversy does make the wait until June 13th a bit more interesting.

Jim

-- If you can't understand it, it is intuitively obvious.