Atheros 5212 (ath0) on 2.6.11-1.1366_FC4?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Jun 4 02:46:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 11:11 -0700, David Meyer wrote:
> 	Has anyone had any luck with this card? Neither 1366 or
> 	1286 kernels see it.

Unfortunately it hasn't left QA yet so it isn't easily yummable - but
the easiest way to install madwifi is through the rpm.livna.org src.rpm
(search for madwifi in their bugzilla)

when I update kernel, I just rebuild that -

ie

rpmbuild -bb kernel-module-madwifi.spec --target="i686" --define 'kernel
2.6.11-1.1366_FC4'

You do need to have the following line in /etc/modprobe.conf:

alias ath0 ath_pci

configuring it after installing the rpm and adding the modprobe.conf
line is cake - just use the standard configuration tool from the System
Tools menu.

I personally found that trying to use NetworkManager resulted in
frequent dropped connections, so I don't recommend using that (I haven't
tried it though since Test1)

Hopefully the madwifi kernel module rpm will soon be out of QA at
rpm.livna.org and be pushed to the repositories.