up2date not working

Joel Rittvo joelonlinux at optonline.net
Mon Jun 6 03:12:49 UTC 2005

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 23:00 -0700, Ian Puleston wrote:
>
>>Sorry, screwed up the subject line. up2date NOT working
>>
>>On Sat, 2005-06-04 at 22:57 -0700, Ian Puleston wrote:
>

>>>An HTTP error occurred:
>>>Status Code: 404
>>>Error Message: Not Found
>>>

>>>Looking at that server, there is no headers directory under i386. Does
>>>some configuration need changing somewhere?
>

> Yep, noticed that too, as of a couple days ago.  It seems the headers
> aren't there.  You *can* still use at least up2date if you add a line
> that uses the dir structure and goes straight to the RPM dir instead of
> using the headers.  Takes just a tad longer for it to compare what is
> new or not.
>
> dir Rawhide /path/to/rawhide/RPMS/

OK, I am lost here.  Help me, please . . .

This is some of what is in my /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file:

### EXTRAS FC4
yum extras-fc4
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/

### DEVELOPMENT
yum development
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/

### EXTRAS DEVELOPMENT
yum extras-development
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/development/i386/

How do I need to change these lines to in order for them to work again?
   I just tried, for example:

dir extras-fc4
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/i386/

and it does not work at all for me.  That threw out a more serious error
message than a 404 Not Found.

Thanks.

Joel Rittvo
Hoboken, NJ