Fedora Core 4 delayed until June 13

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Mon Jun 6 13:58:11 UTC 2005

On: Sat, June 04, 2005 1:46 PM, Ian Pilcher said:

>> Phil Schaffner wrote:
>> > Apparently nothing to do with bugs, just lawyers...
>>
>> Wow!  That's truly sad.  It's not like they could have known the
>> name in advance.

Developers:  We're ready to release the new version of Fedora Core.

Lawyers:  We'll the name "Fedora Core 3" was fine but we better
          check on your new name.  What are you calling it?

Developers:  "Fedora Core 4"

Lawyers:  Whoa there!  Just hold on a minute, bucko.  We'll have
          to look into this a bit.  Radical name changes like that
          don't just happen, you know.

--
Henry