FAILED: FC4T3 on Matrox G550 + Dell 2001FP

Jerone Young jerone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:23:12 UTC 2005

I could be wrong. But the only Matrox drivers that work with DVI are
the closed source ones on Matox's website. The one's that come with
xorg only support analouge output. But nvidia's & ati's drivers do
support DVI though.

Yeah here is a sinpet from "man mga"

 Support for the second head on G400
       cards requires a binary-only "mga_hal" module that is  available  from
       Matrox <http://www.matrox.com>, and may be on the CD supplied with the
       card.  That module also provides various other enhancements,  and  may
       be  necessary  to  use the DVI (digital) output on the G550 (and other
       cards).