up2date not working, Silly question

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 21:34:55 UTC 2005

On 6/6/05, Dan Hollis <goemon at anime.net> wrote:
> Would be nice if it were possible to in-place upgrade FC4T3 to FC4-release
> via yum. Having to wipe and reinstall sucks.

Who said it was impossible?  Everything about a test release is a
test... there is no promise  that you be able to upgrade smoothly from
a test release to a final release even using anaconda.  I strongly
suggest that if you are no longer going to track rawhide and want to
stablize your install that you do a fresh install of fc4 to make sure
any further bug reports you file are not some lingering artifact of
rawhide-ness.

-jef"strongly considers writing the 'fedora testing manifesto' "spaleta