system-config-samba unable to make a good configuration

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Mon Jun 6 21:47:47 UTC 2005

Marcel Janssen wrote:

>On Monday 06 June 2005 22:05, Marcel Janssen wrote:
>

>>Is the tool perhaps depreciated ?
>>

>Just set up swat and created the sam ething (I believe) and it works straight
>away.
>Now I just don't know what's the difference :-(
>
>Regards,
>Marcel

If you can recreate both configurations and create a list of the
differences, you can post the results along with a description of your
problem to Bugzilla.  No guarantees on how long it will take to be
fixed.  Many of the system-config-* tools are aging and are not very
well maintained.  The whole set of them needs rewriting.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

www.n-man.com