Looking for (compat-) libstdc++.so.5

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 20:28:11 UTC 2005

> On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 12:45 -0700, Andy Ross wrote:
> >
> > John is hiding behind a clever typo.  Note that:
> >
> >   yum search compat-libstdc++
> >   yum search libstdc++
> >   yum search compat-libstdc++-33
> >
> > and even:
> >
> >   yum search compat-libstdc++-33.i386  # exact package name
> >
> > ....all produce no matches.  Are there any other magic characters I
> > should remember to excise from my yum searches, or should I file a bug
> > on this issue instead?
>
> There is no bug.  Use yum properly:
>
> yum search "compat-libstdc++*"

hmm, interesting. Seems inconsistent when `yum search python` will produce this entry:

gnome-python2-extras-debuginfo.i386      2.10.0-2.1             curly
Matched from:
gnome-python2-extras-debuginfo
Debug information for package gnome-python2-extras
This package provides debug information for package
gnome-python2-extras.
Debug information is useful when developing applications that use this
package or when debugging this package.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer