Slow Evo and .xscreensaver file in home

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Jun 8 04:24:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 22:27 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:

> viewing all of the screensavers that are available. All that I see is
> blank screen. With the initial install and versions of screensavers
> below, I cannot get the screensavers to display regardless of
> removing
> the xscreensaver file from the directory. The installs were all clean
> wipes of partitions with new home directories. Installed versions
> with
> problem seem to be the FC4T3 install disk versions below:
> xscreensaver-extras-4.21-2
> xscreensaver-gl-extras-4.21-2
> xscreensaver-base-4.21-2

Ah, I kind of see what you're saying now.  Perhaps it is a bug.  Have
you searched bugzilla for an entry on this?

> >>Problem 5:
> >>Firefox is nothing but trouble. I downloaded two ISO images from the
> >>net, then chose cleanup, which removed the files from disk and did
> not
> >>even stop at the trashcan. Why such a feature? If you are
> downloading
> >>something, don't you think you intend to keep it? (I thought that it
> >>would clear the list only.)
> >

> > It does clear the list only.  I downloaded 5 or 6 files, looked in
> my
> > defined download directory to make sure they were there, hit the
> 'clean
> > up' button, and those files were still there....  It didn't delete
> them.
> > It did however clean up the list.  Make sure that the files are
> actually
> > being downloaded to where you think they are.  Check in ~/Desktop/
> and
> > ~/
> >

> It removed the isos from my selected directory. I was doing an md5sum
> against the ISOs and the iso files checked out. I did a clear all
> from
> the firefox download manager and the iso files were gone and the
> md5sum
> verified the problem with missing disks. ls on the directory and mc
> could not fnd the isos either.
>
> What you said is what I expected. The other result was not desirable
> and
> I see no value to such a feature.

I cannot duplicate your issue.  Can you reliably duplicate it, on clean
installs or clean users?  If so, it is a bug as that is not the function
of the clean up button.  If you can't duplicate it, well then I can't
really call it a bug.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: