rhythmbox segfault / sound quality problems in fc4t3...

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Jun 8 07:16:42 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 02:59 -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
> Is there something in /proc/asound that would allow me to answer that
> question?  Or is there some generic GNOME and/or RB setting for telling
> it to use OSS emulation (/dev/dspX) vs. "native" ALSA devices that I can
> look for?

Ah ha! I fired up gconf-editor and lo and behold
system/gstreamer/0.8/default/audiosink was set to "esdsink".  I changed
it to "osssink" and it sounds beautiful now.. great.  Thanks for the
direction!  I suppose I should look into the benefits of running esound
and esdsink instead.

Still segfaults pretty frequently, but that appears to be a separate
issue which I'll try to isolate now.

- C