Upgrade to FC4 final?

Daniel Gonzalez dgonzo at optonline.net
Wed Jun 8 17:16:19 UTC 2005

> I upgraded from RH8 to FC1 and I still find some issues on my machine
> from this.

Robin-

Could it be that your upgrade skipped a major version number? I'm not
trying to be a troll, just curious.
It would seem to me that going from a final release candidate to a
release version should not require a full install.
If that's the case, then something needs to be addressed with the
current update mechanism.I'm not a programmer but I pride myself in the
fact that I can usually grind out a solution to whatever's presesnted to
me. If I do find something useful, that pearl of wisdom will be passed
on. The only issue i can see is that if someone installed FC3test 3 and
continually updated through yum, at this point their system is already
tracking FC5-devel. What would indicate to me that I can stop tracking
devel and "put the brakes on" to a release version? I guess that should
have been my initial question.

If continual discussion of this issue is beating a dead horse, please
let me know and I'll drop the issue. I'm relatively new to the list and
to Fedora so I don't know what is proper netiquette for this list

Dan Gonzalez