Upgrade to FC4 final?

Darwin H. Webb thethirddoorontheleft at verizon.net
Thu Jun 9 02:00:45 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 16:13 -0400, Daniel Gonzalez wrote:
> David-
>
> Sounds promising, but how did you know when to stop updating via yum? I
> stopped updating about 1 week ago. That's what i'm trying to find out
> now. What files/directories will tell me where I'm at? My first guess
> would be to read everything under /etc/yum.conf. Agreed?
>
> Thanks for the input
>
> Dan Gonzalez
>
> David Kewley wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday 08 June 2005 07:17, Harald Grossauer wrote:
> >

> >I have two boxes with FC4t3, both updated to the last pre-fork rawhide
> >repository.  I'm planning to 'yum update' to FC4, and I don't expect
> >any problems.  I reckon if there *are* problems, I may end up doing a
> >clean reinstall. :)
> >
> >You might want to backup any data you care about beforehand, just in
> >case.  Shouldn't be an issue, but I tend to be conservative with large
> >and/or unsupported changes.
> >
> >David

I'm at the same state. What I have not seen is what to point yum to (the
FCt3 develop dist is a dead end)  for FC4, how to do that, and when it
will be available. A lot of users are pointing to other Repos (non
Redhat / Fedora).

Anyway, the sendmail root at localhost will have a list of packages that
were installed on any day. June 2 mail s/b 4 am, so June 3 mail may have
to sets of packages list. The second set may be part of FC5?

Sort thru that and determine what is missing, or what was too much.

I am stopped at 7 packages for Gcc4 \4.0.0.9\ on the Up2Date ignore list
so my OO0 104-2 (reinstalled after gcc4 \4.0.0.8\ ) will still run as
the newer complied OO0 never came down.
 Don't know how many server packages would be between the \4.0.0.9\ but
I didn't see anything in the buildlists before June 2 that would be FC5?
So the last two sendmail will tell the story.

SlowJet