why does my yum download really big headers?

Yuan Yijun yuan.bbbush at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 02:21:30 UTC 2005

My configuration:

[yuan at geeks ~]$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/development.repo
[development]
name=Fedora development $basearch repository (Rawhide)
mirrorlist=file:///etc/yum.repos.d/development.mirrorlist
gpgcheck=0
keepalive=0
enabled=1
proxy=http://cs:cs2004@202.119.32.27:8080
#proxy=_none_

[yuan at geeks ~]$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/development.mirrorlist
#ftp://ftp.riken.jp/fedora/core/development/i386
#http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386
#ftp://ftp.tsinghua.edu.cn/mirror/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386
http://mirrors.geekbone.org/fedora/core/development/i386
#ftp://gnu.nju.edu.cn/fedora-mirror/fedora/core/development/i386

some explanation. I separate the configuration to 2 files, as you can
see. And I can access to 2 mirrors, the first one needs proxy, the
second one (ftp://gnu.nju.edu.cn) not. When I use the first one, the
headers are very small in size. When I disable proxy and use the
second one, the headers are as large as the rpm files. Could anyone
please tell me why this happens? I cannot google it since my proxy
denied it :*(

//thx very much!

--
bbbush ^_^