Slow Evo and .xscreensaver file in home

Darwin H. Webb thethirddoorontheleft at verizon.net
Fri Jun 10 23:19:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 18:40 -0400, Robert Couture wrote:
> On Friday 10 June 2005 18:09, Jim Cornette wrote:
>
> >  Is this a variable you set in evolution or something you set in the
> >  shell before launching Evolution.?
>
> >  Is this slowness a result of AV scanners or something? Mozilla mail and
> >  Thunderbird are fairly fast downloading mail compared to Evolution.
>
> Sounds like SpamAssasin in action to me :)
>
> Robert.

Evolution has been getting smother and faster with each update.
The SpamAssain used to open (and keep open) a half dozen processes, now
it opens them when you open the e-mail and closes them when you done.

It only tkes about 3 or 4 seconds to let it settle before clicking
send/receive.

Then it is slow on the first mail because you need to go through the
wire and log on to the ISP mail, after that, the mail comes down steady
and quick, considering it passes through 2 AV, and 3 A-SPam programs
before Evolution gets it. And I only have a Pent III 800.

So don't do anything drastic, without defining what slow really means.
Expectations are so far out in the stars nowadays it's hilarious.

SJ