Are these official fc4 iso's?

Nathan Grennan fedora-test-list at cygnusx-1.org
Sat Jun 11 23:04:01 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 15:25 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 15:08 -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> > On 6/11/05, Matt Carter <matt.carter85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Same here downloaded the first CD it never mentioned anything about
> > > being a test release, also the release notes say Fedora core 4 so I
> > > hope its gonna be the official.
> >
> > Sweet! My "make a fake FC4 and add a backdoor" plan is working
> > perfectly. Soon I and my hordes of drones will take over the world.
> > Mwahahahaha.
>
> *Your* plan? I though that was *my* plan! Don't tell me you did it
> without letting me know! No respect these days, I tells ya...

Hmm, my both have a copy of the Red Hat Fedora private gpg key? The
SHA1SUM files are signed and for just such reasons.

I personally compared the official Fedora key and the key used to sign
the SHA1SUM file. It passed the test. Plus all the rpms are signed on
top of that. Which gets around risks of SHA1 hash collisions.