Problem with Add/Remove Applications -- will not complete

Michael Cagle MichaelCagle at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 14 03:46:31 UTC 2005

I have an HP Pavillion a430n with an AMD AthlonXP 3200+ processor and
1.25 gigabytes of memory. When I click on Start->System
Settings->Add/Remove Applications the "Checking System Status" dialog
box moves quickly to about 1/3 complete then stalls. When I use top from
the command line, I see that python continues to grow. It ran 4 hours
yesterday and python grew to 1.4 gigabytes before I stopped it. I have
an install of FC4T3 that has all packages installed. It has been updated
daily. "uname -a" returns the following:
Linux CagleUX.MichaelCagle.com 2.6.11-1.1381_FC5 #1 Thu Jun 9 20:56:43
EDT 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike