Installation failure - suggestions needed...

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Wed Jun 15 11:04:50 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 14:35, Patrick wrote:

> I experienced the same thing. I solved it by going into rescue mode and
> manually removing the FC4T3 partitions, reboot, go into rescue mode
> again, make the partitions manually with fdisk and format them, reboot
> and go into the installer and install FC4.
>
> After the installation finished and I rebooted I had a weird LABEL=...
> entry for the swap partition in my /etc/fstab filled with what someone
> in #fedora called UTF8 junk. I removed the junk and changed the label
> to LABEL=SWAP-sda3. Then all was fine. Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

Same here now on a second machine. Tried to install, created new
partitions including the swap partition and I got the same error. So I
installed a second time and got it again. But then the third time it
worked!!! strange. So it's installing now.

Funny on a third machine when I didn't change partitions the install went
fine.

Also on the first machine when I rebooted after the install I got the same
UTF8 junk for the label of the swap partition. I'm going to follow your
advice and reboot. hope it works.

Tony
--

Tony Molloy.