rawhide report: 20050616 changes

Darwin H. Webb thethirddoorontheleft at verizon.net
Thu Jun 16 20:27:11 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 07:36 -0400, Build System wrote:
> New package bsf
> 	Bean Scripting Framework
>
> New package concurrent
> 	Utility classes for concurrent Java programming
>
> New package geronimo-specs
> 	Geronimo J2EE server J2EE specifications
>
> New package jacorb
> 	Free Java implementation of OMG's CORBA standard
>
> New package jakarta-commons-codec
> 	Jakarta Commons Codec Package
>
> New package jakarta-commons-discovery
> 	Jakarta Commons Discovery
>
> New package jakarta-commons-httpclient
> 	Jakarta Commons HTTPClient Package
>
> New package jdom
> 	Java alternative to DOM and SAX
>
> New package jonathan-rmi
> 	Subset of javax.rmi for building against
>
> New package jrefactory
> 	JRefactory and Pretty Print
>
> New package mockobjects
> 	Java MockObjects package
>
> New package tanukiwrapper
> 	Java Service Wrapper
>
> New package velocity
> 	Java-based template engine
>
> New package werken.xpath
> 	XPath implementation using JDOM
>
> New package xdoclet
> 	XDoclet Attribute Orientated Programming Framework
>
> New package xjavadoc
> 	The XJavaDoc engine
>

> Updated Packages:
>
> NetworkManager-0.4-30.cvs20050615
> ---------------------------------
> * Wed Jun 15 2005 Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> - 0.4-30.cvs20050615
> - Update to latest CVS
>
> ant-0:1.6.2-3jpp_10fc
> ---------------------
> * Wed Jun 15 2005 Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat.com> 0:1.6.2-3jpp_10fc
> - Add the bsf subpackage since we now ship bsf.
> - Remove gcj workaround (not correct, so assume not necessary).
> - Remove jarfiles from the tarball.
>
> * Mon Jun 06 2005 Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat.com>
> - Make the javah task fall back to executing javah if
>   com.sun.tools.javah.Main cannot be found.
>
> curl-7.14.0-1
> -------------
> * Thu Jun 16 2005 Ivana Varekova <varekova at redhat.com> 7.14.0-1
> - rebuild new version
>
> hplip-0.9.3-5
> -------------
> * Wed Jun 15 2005 Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> 0.9.3-5
> - Use static IP ports (for SELinux policy).
>
> kdepim-6:3.4.1-0.fc4.1
> ----------------------
> * Tue Jun 14 2005 Than Ngo <than at redhat.com> 3.4.1-0.fc4.1
> - update to 3.4.1
> - remove kdepim-3.4.0-long.patch, it's included in new upstream
>
> kernel-2.6.11-1.1383_FC5
> ------------------------
> * Mon Jun 13 2005 Peter Jones <pjones at redhat.com>
> - Reenable fixed ipw drivers.
>
> * Mon Jun 13 2005 Dave Jones <davej at redhat.com>
> - 2.6.12-rc6-git5
>
> libgsf-1.12.1-1
> ---------------
> * Wed Jun 15 2005 Caolan McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> 1.12.1-1
> - bump to latest version

> [...]

Hey and good Morning PDT, :)

 I have sayed on FC4T# develop tree and last night I did a yum
check-updates because nothing was showing in the redd flashing ball for
a week or so.
There were 52 updates and the kernel, kernal-dev, as listed in the
previous build. I did a yum update and all went find. I did notice that
the first part of the yum was something like patching and parsing the
header? I figured it was part of the new repo stuff.

This morning I looked at the build list and did another yum check-update
and all of the packages were laisted as in the build list above, and
since yum was one of the packages I did a yum update yum and got that
out of the way.
Then I did yum check-updtes because I wanted to exclude a couple that
didn't look ready for my Linux level, but the yum check-update said that
there were nothing to update. They were there 2 minutes ago?

I check yum and found that yum.repo.d had 4 repos in it.
I thoht I only had devel defined.
I checked each one carefully and sure enough only devel had enable and
gpkey off.
I then check yum.conf and the MAIN section had newest and pgkey off.

Now I did yum update and there was a ton of error messages from the repo
about xlm. So is that something that just happened to the xml by chance,
an out of sync thing, the last yum update was bad, or what?

SJ