<crtl><alt><F*> not working

Fred New Fred.New at microlink.ee
Fri Jun 17 14:45:20 UTC 2005

On 17. juuni 2005. a. 17:31, Mark Bradbury wrote:
> Just did an upgrade from FC3 to FC4 and all went cool
> only thing I found not working is that a <ctrl><alt><F*> is not
> working I get a green border from top left to bottom right. any one
> else have this prob ?. I need the console for vdr please help

You're correct, virtual consoles don't appear on my system, either.
Try rebooting without "rhgb".  This works for me.

I also noticed after pressing <Ctrl><Alt><F1> that my keyboard worked
as if I was on virtual console 1, but I couldn't see what was happening.
That is, I could log in and see on a SSH session that I was logged in,
but my screen looked like it was on the X screen - <Alt><F7>.

Fred