audit login problem (was Re: rawhide report: 20050617 changes)

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 20:23:17 UTC 2005

>attached the requested info to bz#160929.

This problem has been traced to kernels that do not understand all the new audit
message types. They are returning EINVAL in the recvfrom when the audit libs is
checking to see if the kernel accepted the message. I think I have the problem
fixed by retrying the message using an older message type only when EINVAL is
detected.

The 0.9.9 version of audit should be in rawhide next time its updated. In the
mean time, anyone wanting to test can build the package from the srpm located at
http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/

Thanks,
-Steve Grubb