TAINT -- Was: Wireless support for the Intel 2915 a/b/g under Fedora Core 4

Arjan van de Ven arjanv at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 09:26:56 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 19:21 -0400, Joel Rittvo wrote:
> Arjan van de Ven wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 21:07 -0400, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>Can someone help me get the Intel 2915 a/b/g built-in wireless going on
> >>the DELL Precision M70 under Fedora Core 4?
> >

> > wrong mailing list.... it's not a question for fedora-test-list
>

> With all due respect, I am a Fedora Tester, and subjects like these are
> essential parts of keeping my Rawhide version running day to day.  I
> completely understand the need for zealotry about non FOSS components,
> but it also seems important to some of us keep our test systems running.
>   So, I am proposing (and sure to go down in flames for this) a new
> subject qualifier of TAINT,

my comment was absolutely not about the OSS nature of this (the drivers
are GPL btw and even shipped, but that is besides the point). My comment
was that "please help me get my wireless working on FC4" is *NOT* a
valid posting for fedora-test-list. It is perfectly valid for fedora-
list@, but by no means does it even come close to fitting in the charter
of fedora-test-list, in any imagination possible.