FC5 Wishlist

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Jun 20 18:01:01 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:59:28PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > Do you think Wikis where arbitrary dudes can edit around how they feel
> > as long as they do have an account are anywhere better?
>
> 1. arbitrary people cannot edit the fedoraproject wiki. There are ACLs
> for a reason.

So what's the point of that then? If not anybody can file feature
requests?

> 2. all good wikis have rollback mechanisms.

And who decides what will be rolled back and thus ignored?

Guys. Use request/bug trackers like Bugzilla for what they are designed.
I'm getting more and more annoyed by this "Wiki hype". Everytime this
overboards I'm being reminded on the saying "when all you have is a
hammer, suddenly everything looks like a nail".

Wikis are simple to set up, but they are just the wrong tool for the
job. IMHO. YMMV.

Regards,
Daniel