FC5 Wishlist

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Jun 20 19:33:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 12:57:30AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> >>Actually.. no... it wouldnt... I think part of the point of the wiki
> >>page is to hilight certain feature requests where there is some
> >>agreement that this is a worthwhile feature..
> >
> >Agreement between whom?
>
> Between developers working on it
[...]
> >Fact is that someone proposed InfiniBand support and another one (Rahul)
> >has sent him to the Wiki to add it there. So he promoted the Wiki as
> >the means to collect RFEs.
>
> No reason you couldnt file RFE's in bugzilla and add them to the
> wiki page

Sure there is, like you confirmed as quoted above: There has to be "some
agreement" first to qualify for the Wiki list as I'm being told, and you
confirmed above.

It seems you need to make up your mind about the Wiki. Either you send
people directly there to add RFEs to a list there, OR you want to have
the Wiki as editorial summary for things there is "some agreement"
with.

If "some consensus" is necessary, you can't send people directly there.
If there isn't a necessity of "some consensus", the Wiki makes no sense
as the editorial idea is lost. You contradict yourself.

Regards,
Daniel