screen bug in FC4

David Kewley kewley at gps.caltech.edu
Tue Jun 21 03:54:09 UTC 2005

On Friday 17 June 2005 11:51, David Kewley wrote:
> On Friday 17 June 2005 09:52, Cimmo wrote:
> > Kyrre Ness Sjobak ha scritto:
> > >Looks like the videocard is reading from wrong memory? Had a buggy
> > >computer do that once - using the VESA driver
> >
> > on windows video card works perfectly both in games and normal use.
> > any other people that can help me?
>
> Hi Cimmo,
>
> Just to let you know where I am: I've not see the screen corruption
> in the past day or so, after updating xorg* and powercycling the
> computer. And today there are KDE updates (not that KDE should
> conceivably cause X screen memory corruption, I think).  So I'm going
> to wait until I see the issue again to give more details and/or open
> a bug report.
>
> David

FYI, to complete this thread (?), I have not seen the screen corruption
since I updated xorg* and kde (a bunch of rpms), and power-cycled.  I
don't believe my use patterns now are very different from before, so
perhaps the source of the problem I saw has been fixed.

Cimmo, are you still seeing problems after the above-mentioned updates &
power-cycle?

David